Michael Schmidt is one of the top 50 reasons why to love Toronto, says Greg Clow of Taste T.O. blog, in reference to an upcoming story in Toronto Life magazine. Here’s an excerpt from that Taste T.O. report:
“Just like a person with low self-esteem, Toronto occasionally has to be reminded that yes, it is a cool city with lots of reasons to love it. This month, Toronto Life lists off 50 of those reasons, and of course, several of them are food related:
- 13. Our street meat menu now includes kebabs and bulgogi.
- 29. There’s an apiary on the roof of the Royal York…
- 30. …and an organic urban farm in the shadow of the 401.
- 31. The owner of Toronto’s only Cambodian restaurant is a survivor of the Khmer Rouge.
- 36. Our nomadic cookbook writers (Jeffery Alford & Naomi Duguid) bring the world home.
- 39. The city is an orchard.
- 49. Our crusading farmer (Michael Schmidt) made a cause célèbre of raw milk….”