“As most you probably know by now, the court system has failed to recognize that tax paying citizens in Ontario have the right to choose what they eat and drink in this “free” country of ours. Michael Schmidt is again looking at a legal battle in his attempt to stop this ridiculous control that makes no sense to anyone who understands the raw milk movement and the realities of safe raw milk.
Now is the time for consumers to stand up and make themselves heard by the governments of every province. There are a group of us organizing rally’s across this country. Here in Ontario we will be doing a raw milk rally fundraiser for the Canadian Constitutional Foundation at 11 a.m. on November 23, 2011. What we want to see is every province of this great country of ours join us by having a rally at exactly the same time. I know that there are hundreds and probably thousands of people right now drinking raw milk safely in this country of ours. Many of you have been quiet and waiting to see what happens. It’s time to put your voice to ours and stand up for your rights or I promise you that you will lose those rights. We can no longer sit back and wait for someone else to “fix” this. Michael Schmidt cannot do this alone. He needs your help. We need your help. Here are some things you can do:
1) Help arrange a rally in your province or at least be at a rally to lend support.
2) Let me know who in Quebec and the Maritime provinces is a strong advocate for raw milk and/or the freedom of food choices movement and have them contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. We need these people to organize a rally in their provinces. The west and Ontario are covered right now but even there we need to hear from more people involved in this. If you want to be involved let me know and I will link you with the person organizing in your province.
3) Write a hand written letter to the Minister of Agriculture in your province and send a copy of that letter to your local MP and Health Canada. State clearly how you want our laws to change regarding raw milk and any other issues that small farmers in your province are facing. Keep sending these letters on a regular basis. Let the governments of your provinces and the Federal Government know that this movement is large and the people will be heard.
4) Go to the CBC website and put your name to the poll there as a vote for raw milk. http://www.cbc.ca/news/yourcommunity/2011/09/should-raw-milk-be-sold-in-canada.html
5) Contact the media in your area and either write a letter to the editor about this or at least start to compile the names and contact information of reporters sympathetic to our cause so that we can keep them informed of what we are doing.
6) Make sure that the major newspapers and television companies in your area know about the rally’s on November 23rd so that we get coverage right across the country.
7) Pass this information through your social media groups so that everyone drinking raw milk in Canada will know about this effort and be able to join in.
The time has come folks to stand up for your right to decide what you eat before the government takes over those rights completely. Please join us!!!!!
Margo McIntosh, RHN, RNCP
Raw milk drinker and advocate!!!!!!”