14-yr old girl dies from 2 energy drinks

From Louise Boyle in The Mail Online.

Anais Fournier. Photo via the Mail Online.

“Monster Beverage has been sued by the family of a 14-year-old girl who died after she had just two cans of the energy drink.

The Food and Drug Administration announced today it was investigating reports of five deaths associated with the drink and one non-fatal heart attack, prompting the company’s shares to fall 14 per cent.

Anais Fournier, died on December 23, 2011 from a heart attack brought on by ‘caffeine toxicity’ after drinking two 24-ounce Monster cans within 24 hours.

The FDA reported people had adverse reactions after they consumed Monster Energy Drink, which comes in 24-ounce cans and contain 240 milligrams of caffeine – or seven times the amount of the caffeine in a 12-ounce cola.

The wrongful death suit, filed in California Superior Court in Riverside, said that after drinking two 24-ounce cans of Monster Energy on consecutive days, Anais went into cardiac arrest.

An autopsy revealed the teenager, from Hagerstown, Maryland, died of cardiac arrhythmia due to caffeine toxicity that impeded her heart’s ability to pump blood….”

Read more in the Daily Mail.

3 Comments

Filed under News

3 responses to “14-yr old girl dies from 2 energy drinks

  1. The government, that falsely claims that it’s purpose it to protect us, approves many things that harm us, such as prescription drugs, fluoride, & GMO foods, and goes after things that have never killed anyone such as pot and nutritional supplements. Only a fool would buy into this paradigm. It doesn’t work and will never work.

    The crux of the problem being that people in letting government do something that they should not be doing, go to sleep and do not use their own discernment, and available resources to make life’s choices. As if a group of psychopaths – 2,000 miles away, bought and paid for by special interest groups are going to have the same concern for you and your loved ones well being that you have. Never going to happen, and it violates your God given right to contract and make choices in your own best interest.

  2. thebovine

    Another food fatality not related to raw milk. Note the level of regulatory hysteria is much less than if this were from drinking raw milk. Now what does that tell you about how different the level of concern is when it comes to injury and death from corporate food ingestion?

  3. Doesn’t this further illustrate how the “regulators” are in the pockets of the very people that they are supposed to regulate? (Something that should not be mandatory in a free society BTW)

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s